Energizermovies.com Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 15 October 2018
Energizer (“we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and has developed this privacy notice to explain how we will handle your personal information in connection with your use of www.energizermovies.com(the “Site”) and your participation in any promotion described on the Site (“Promotion”).
Please read this notice carefully. By visiting the Site or participating in a Promotion you agree to the practices described in this notice and to the Site’s terms and conditions.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information you give us.We collect information about you, that you give us, by completing forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, participate in any Promotion, and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, country of residence, other personal information relevant to the Promotion, and information about your purchase of Energizer products. We may also automatically collect your phone number when you call us with customer service inquiries.
- Information we collect about you.When you visit the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, location data, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, language, and operating system; and
- information about your visit, such as uniform resource locators (URL), your path to, through and from the Site (including dates and times), resources you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information that you give to us and that we collect about you:
- to operate the Site and Promotions, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to communicate with you for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- to perform analysis that helps us develop our products, services and systems; and
- to perform any legal or contractual obligations to you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your personal information and will not share your personal information with third parties except as described in this notice.
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries including our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- Business partners, agents, service providers and subcontractors that work with us to operate and support the Site or the Promotions; and
We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If all or substantially all of Energizer’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce the Site’s <terms and conditions> and other agreements; and
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Energizer, our customers, or others; this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations to prevent unauthorised access to data, fraud or other unlawful activity.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including the United States and other countries whose data protection laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. Your personal information will also be processed by staff operating outside of your jurisdiction who work for us or for one of our business partners, agents, service providers or subcontractors. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, operating the Site and the Promotions and performing customer service. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storage and processing.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented a number of safeguards to protect the personal information you provide to us against unauthorised access, including the use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt the personal information you submit through the Site. However, the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any personal information you provide to us is at your own risk.
This notice applies only to the Site. For information about the privacy practices relating to other websites operated by the Energizer group of companies, please see the privacy policies posted to those websites.
The Site may contain links to and from other websites and services that we do not operate, such as social media services and the websites of organizations that we are partnering with in connection with a Promotion. If you follow a link, or are automatically directed to a link through use of the Site for the Promotions, to any of these websites or services, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for how these websites and services handle your information or for their privacy policies. Please read these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites or services.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 18 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to children under the age of 18. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com.
Applicable data protection law may give you the right to access the personal information we hold about you, to request correction or deletions to this data or to suspend or cease processing of your personal data. To make a request, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs in fulfilling such requests.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes to this privacy notice by posting the changes on this page and, where appropriate, by emailing you. Please check back frequently to stay informed of updates or changes to this privacy notice.
HOW TO CONTACT US
The data controller of your personal information for purposes of applicable data protection law in your jurisdiction is:
Energizer South Africa Limited
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and can be sent to us at the address above (Attention: email@example.com) or by email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.